Amazon Web Services is a powerful suite of computing, database, and content delivery tools that helps startups host their web platforms, reach target audiences, and communicate with clients in a secure, reliable way.
In this post, we will explore the benefits of using AWS for startups and share success stories of startups who harness the power of the platform to the fullest extent.
Table of Contents:
- What Does AWS Offer Businesses?
- Benefits of Amazon AWS For Tech Startups
- AWS Tech Startups Examples
- AWS Startups Solution in TechMagic
What does AWS offer businesses?
Other than providing startup owners with secure and reliable hosting, database, and customer relationship management infrastructure, AWS also offers continuous support and training.
Here is how AWS changed startups in multiple industries:
Improved customer acquisition
AWS has a robust infrastructure for lead generation and management:
- Amazon Advertising — a platform for creating custom ads, and launching and tracking promotional campaigns;
- AWS Marketplace — a data product directory with free and commercial tools that helps businesses built a custom data management infrastructure to fit their needs;
- Amazon Launchpad — the platform designed to help navigate teams through AWS tools and scale their solutions.
Business managers can establish a powerful presence on the market by participating in the events of the AWS startup program. Here are the opportunities SME owners get to explore:
- Being featured on the corporate AWS blog as one of the company’s success stories;
- Speaking at and attending AWS Summits;
- Participating at AWS re:Invent — one of the biggest yearly tech events, with thousands of attendees.
Since the AWS for business owners is robust and complex, Amazon offers continuous AWS support for startups. SME owners can address questions or concerns via a 24/7 AWS Support service. If needed, a startup manager can request a call with the company’s software engineers to facilitate team onboarding and AWS management.
Special offers for business management tools
AWS makes it a priority to partner with innovative business solution developers from all over the world to offer SME owners special AWS pricing for startups. The platform’s users can access special offers for HubSpot, Zendesk, Intuit, Sendgrid, and other CRM, ERP, or marketing management tools.
Personalised feed with tips and advice
AWS is working hard to fuel life-long learning and continuous professional development. The platform helps startup managers keep tabs on the latest industry news, trends, and updates so that you don’t have to spend productive time switching between news websites and blogs.
Amazon offers business owners a pay-as-you-go model, allowing you to expand the infrastructure as the number of active users grows.
On top of that, AWS has a variety of tools that help business owners accommodate more users on the website, store larger volumes of user data, and navigate it more efficiently.
- Amazon Redshift — a data warehousing tool;
- AWS Batch — helps business owners increase scalability by facilitating batch job handling;
- Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling — a tool that scales the business’ computing capacity automatically.
Benefits of Amazon AWS For Tech Startups
By choosing Amazon AWS for startups, tech startup owners discover a wide range of computing, database management, and maintenance tools that improve the efficiency, security, and scalability of their web platforms.
- Increasing operating efficiency. Using Amazon for startups helps business owners automate routine tasks and make it easier to access data anytime across different devices. Thanks to AWS CodeDeploy and other development tools, software engineers can automate routine coding tasks.
- Facilitates server management. Tools like AWS Migration Hub and AWS Server Migration Service help streamline server migration and database management. AWS Lightsail is another tool that facilitates launching and managing private servers.
- Task automation. Speaking of tech automation and AWS, the benefits of CloudFormation come in the clear. The tool allows developers to automatically manage cross-region accounts, run locale expansion, etc.
- Improves collaboration for distributed teams. AWS offers tools that allow distributed teams to access resources on the go, offers operational insights, and facilitates decision-making by offering data to backup your points.
- Robust knowledge base. AWS has easy-to-manage documentation, with step-by-step tutorials on every tool for company owners. Other than offering text-based tutorials, there are multiple video tutorials in the Knowledge Center subtitled in different languages.
- Affordable pricing. The platform makes sure that SME owners can find the most convenient AWS services for startups cost. Tools like AWS Cost Explorer and Budgets help company managers create personalised pricing plans and ensure they are not paying for redundant tools. With AWS credit for startups, business owners can save up to 70% on computing power.
- Wide range of tools. AWS has everything a business owner needs to scale — from development and data management suites to content delivery, automation, IoT, and robotics features.
AWS Tech Startups Examples
AWS startups operate in different domains, both on a small and large scale. To showcase the full power of the platform, we created a list of businesses that used AWS tools to scale, develop, and maintain their online systems efficiently.
Tink is an API that facilitates financial data gathering. The platform aggregates information from major European banks. The company supports both big banks and financial service providers (PayPal, BNP Paribas, and others), as well as local fintech startups.
Aparavi is an all-in-one data management platform and a promising AWS startups example. The tool allows business owners to run secure cloud backups, recover lost files after ransomware or other attacks, analyse data and scan it for patterns, and ensure storage and processing compliance with legal regulations.
3. Lemon One
Lemon One is a creative hub that connects brands, people, and commercial photographers, helping companies establish a strong online presence. The startup relies on AWS to build a user-friendly website, ensure secure data storage, and facilitate content delivery.
Hostmaker is a hospitality management startup. Active in six countries and nine cities, the platform gives landlords and investors tools for effortlessly managing and customizing their properties. Other than that, the solution helps connect hosts and prospective tenants. As one of the startups using AWS, Hostmaker is a reliable and scalable platform, giving business owners enough room for growth and development.
Treez — a POS platform for cannabis sellers — helps business owners monitor the supply chain, connect with customers, and manage their products. It’s a complex and ambitious software ecosystem with a rapidly scaling infrastructure and a wide range of features. The startup relies on AWS support to maintain its real-time tracking tool, payment gateway, and large product catalogues. The infrastructure of Amazon Web Services allows business owners to offer cannabis vendors full data transparency and storage security.
AWS Startups Solution with TechMagic
If you want to create a scalable web platform and host it on AWS, reaching out to professional tech specialists who can design a reliable architecture is highly reasonable. TechMagic developers are official AWS and Serverless Framework partners who are skilled in implementing AWS services — including Lambda, Dynamo, API Gateway, and more.
Here’s how our tech specialists help SME owners make the most out of AWS:
- Architecture setup — configuring an AWS EC2 architecture or building a hybrid cloud model combined with on-premise servers;
- CI/CD implementation — using AWS tools to deploy continuous integration and delivery practices;
- Strengthening the platform’s security using AWS — helping business owners make the most out of data protection tools like AWS WAF, Shield, Cognito, and others.
To create a secure and scalable AWS infrastructure for your project, contact TechMagic. Leave us a message and we will help your startup leverage the complete power of Amazon Web Services.