Communication is certainly one of the most important business skills, no matter what your industry.The quality of a business's internal communication often says a lot about the company itself. At our last TechMagic TechTalk our Team Lead and QA Engineer Liubov Smetiukh told us about communication with a customer. It was referred to team leads and QA engineers but would be useful for everyone.
Next questions were answered:
- How to select effective cross-platform matrix?
- How should Requirement clarification process by Team Lead/QA engineer look like?
- How to build a burn-down chart for release?
- What are reasons to postpone release?
Suggesting a cross-platform matrix
Estimation & Burndown charts
- Requirement clarification process by TeamLead.
- Requirement clarification process by QA engineer.
a) The design is ready.
b) API is ready.
Project1 estimation example
Project2 estimation example
Project3 estimation example
- Highlight dates
- QA activities
- Numerous changes
- Quick release
- Low quality
Notify on time
Cancelling a call
Team members joining/leaving
Tips and Tricks
- Do not over communicate by email
- Make good use of subject lines
- Keep messages clear and brief
- Use numbers to break up lists
- Use bolding and emphasis
- Be polite
- Check your tone
- Do not Assume, ask for Clarification
- Use the Power of Images
- Try the ELI5 Technique